Thursday, January 04, 2007

Software - DayMate

This little program has meant a small revolution for me. I got it a couple of months ago and been using it every day since. Basically, it's a planner. A place where you write down stuff you want to be reminded of sometime in the future. But since it is a digital planner you don't have to remember to look in it (like you would have to with an analog one), when it's time for something it pops up a little window saying so. If the computer is turned off, it shows the message the next time you turn it on.

What do I use it for? Pretty much everything. The standard stuff of course, like appointments at the dentist. But also things that are coming up soon, like a phone call I have to make in 2 hours. You can set to remind you regularly, like once every week at a certain time (like the start of a TV show), or once every day or year. When I want to learn something or change a habit, I set it to remind me of it once every day.

It offers other possibilities too, like sending a pre-written mail at a certain time.

It is definitely in the category of things you don't understand how you once did without.

.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page